Wednesday, May 1, 2013

SSDD

I called it. In this week’s Weekend Update, I called this shit. I’d claim to be psychic or something, but…

So L was and I were texting today (yes, I using it as a verb… deal!) and making plans for moving her stuff out of the ex’s house over Memorial Day weekend. The ex and his father will be out of town for some kind of thing they do every year, and L wants to leave then to avoid the fussing and fighting. She mentioned that her friend’s boyfriend has a 2-bedroom basement level “apartment” for rent, and that she will stay there for the time being and try to save some money until she can find someplace in the fall.

She also said something about breaking away from the ex for good, and said “Really, I just need to be away from the both of them. [The boyfriend] is pissed now, and I’m done with that. I know I know, lol. But truthfully when I went there [she was with him this weekend] I knew I was. I’m getting numb to feelings there and I’m ready to move on.”

Now this is all fine and well, but believe me when I say I’ve heard almost the exact same thing, word for word, many times. Give it another week or so and she’ll be talking about how she and the ex are going to give it another try, and this time it will work for real! Because she’s ready to make it work!

People, this shit has been going on for Two. Fucking. Years!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yea :-/

      And sure enough, just today she's being all mopey and talking about how she just doesn't know what she wants, she brings this all on herself, she doesn't blame them both for being mad at her, etc.

      Soon, maybe as soon as this weekend she'll be back to trying to talk the ex into putting all this behund them and trying to make it work again, and maybe even get remarried. And he's stupid enough to go along with it, and the dance goes on and on.

      Delete