Friday, May 10, 2013

Friday Weigh In

I didn't have a good feel this morning for how my weight would be; I'd been mostly good with my eating, but last night took my niece to a Mexican restaurant. I didn't order a big meal, but of course there's the basket of chips and salsa, then the couple beers I had, etc. Plus this week I had to deal with the same problem that happens every time I change my diet in order to lose weight: constipation. That got cleared up yesterday, in a BIG way (sorry fellow upstairs bathroom users at work) so I was a little nervous about getting on the scales this morning.

Nevertheless, this week's weight is:

248.4 down .8 lbs from last week! (Considering the big meal I had last night, it might have been and even bigger drop this week otherwise.)

A big help this week was in more consistency in my exercises. I'm doing calisthenics every other morning, alternating with getting on my elliptical trainer the other mornings.

The calisthenics are jumping jacks, pushups, situps, windmills, squat thrusts, and mountain climbers; in the military, those with the stretches were called the Dirty Dozen. I'm not doing a lot of repetitions just yet, so I can do them all on the same day. As I build up my strength and stamina, and my joints get used to being under stress again, I'll increase the amount and I might at some point have to split them into different days. If and when I do that, I'll start using the elliptical trainer every morning, then doing the exercises on alternating nights. But that's down the road a bit.

My niece is a good kid, and I'm glad we got to spend some time together last night. The wife was at a game, of course, so she and I talked more than we have in a while. Normally, even if it's just the two of us here, we're both lost in our own worlds of reading or internet. Last night, even after dinner, we continued talking and laughing, and generally having a good time.

Be sure to read my Flash Fiction Friday entry, and read the other's at Advizor54's blog. Have a good weekend, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment