Friday, May 24, 2013

Friday Follies

- I didn't do a Flash Fiction story this week; I just wasn't feeling it. The picture Advizor54 posted was intriguing, and I liked the setup, but working on the What the L series took it out of me this week. I still strongly encourage you to go check out his entry, and go back later as others link to their entries. It's a lot of fun, and there are some excellent writers out there.

- I usually ignore Facebook games, but the wife started playing one this week that I couldn't get my mind off of: Words of Wonder. You get a grid of letters and various setups and achievements to reach while you mark out words you can make with the letters. I've always liked word games, especially ones like this where you have to find viable words in a "random" group of letters. My oldest sister is playing as well, and we've always been competitive in a friendly way, so I'm making it my mission to beat her high scores in every level.

- I realized Wednesday I'd forgotten to do a weekly weigh in last Friday. It wouldn't have mattered, I'm still not making much, if any, progress. I'm not going to give up on trying to lose weight but I don't think there's any point in posting the same whine about how I haven't lost anything or I gained a little. Some of you were really supportive, though, and I thank you for that. If I make any significant progress in the future I'll throw it in a post to let you know.

- L's daughter has her graduation ceremony tomorrow, so the wife and I are going to drive down there to attend. There will be a little part at her house later. There's a lot of tension between L and the ex as it's become apparent to him that she's on her way out again. If he has to work tomorrow evening, the wife and I are going to hang around until he's gone then help L pack some of her things in our car to bring back here with us. He doesn't know she plans to get everything out on Monday when he is out of town for some Navy reunion thing he goes to every year. Or maybe he suspects what she's up to, I don't know. The wife and I are going to help her do the move on Monday.

As couples the four of us had grown really close before their breakup. The wife and I grew even closer to B after the breakup, which hurt our relationship with L for a time. I knew some of the reasons L was ready to be done with him back then, but it wasn't until the past year or so, when the attempts to get back together end in another messy breakup, that she's really opened up about all the problems they've had. I'm at the point now where I just don't have a lot of respect left for B, and know it will be better for both of them when she leaves this time if she really does break it off for good. But this is L we're talking about, so I don't know if that's going to happen or not.

The real question is where L will move to. Her girlfriend that I mentioned in Part 5 has a boyfriend who is trying to rent a nice apartment, and has offered to let L stay there rent free for a time until she gets her feet under her financially. Originally the plan was to move her stuff there, but now she's decided to move in with S, the boyfriend she left B for and has been the other side of this ridiculous triangle. But as of yesterday, I don't know if that's still the plan or not. Nothing is ever simple when it comes to L, that's for sure.

- Between churning up the memories of L's and my past relationship and the drama surrounding her this week, I'm starting to feel myself getting into a funk. I'm focusing on some good things coming up that I have to look forward to and that's helping me fight it off. Writing about it here is a big help as well, and again I thank you all.

- Oh, some quick stats: I have over 60 posts now, and I've had four days in a row of 100+ site hits. I now have 12 followers (welcome to the new guys!) and apparently a bunch of recurring anonymous viewers. I need to figure out how to get more details out of the stats view than what they offer: I'd like to know how long people are staying on pages (indicating if they're reading or just glancing) and a better idea of where the visits are coming from. The general data I can see now doesn't tell me a lot, and I'm a details kind of guy.

UPDATE: Not 15 minutes after I posted this, L started blowing up my phone about how she can't move in with the boyfriend, she wants to make it work with B, blah blah fucking blah. Damn I'm so fucking sick and tired of this shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment