Monday, May 13, 2013

Weekend Update

Another quiet weekend where we tried not to spend too much money, but with only limited success. It rained off and on Saturday, but Sunday was really nice. The wife and I went to lunch with my mother and step-father, a chinese buffet that she likes. No matter what I tell myself, I simply cannot walk out of a place like that without being stuffed, even when the food is mediocre at best. But we had a good time with them and I know mom appreciated it.

L's current situation is complicated, but she was back home (out of town) this weekend. We spoke via text messages only briefly here and there, which always makes me feel a little empty. It's not as bad as it used to be, though. In fact, it's entirely possible that the empty feeling is more the wistful sadness from knowing that going a weekend without a lot of contact doesn't make me as anxious as before.

I'm a little on edge this week because we have some big wigs visiting at work, plus we have a new hire starting this week. I can see I'm going to be pulled in a lot of different directions, and I'm now remembering things I wanted to do Friday to be better prepared that I forgot to do. I'm going to have to go in earlier and get started, but at least that means overtime.

Part 3 of What the L is on the way, for those keeping up with that bit of history. I'm trying to tell it as I honestly remember it, so this episode will be pretty hot! I base that on the fact that I was hard while writing it, but your mileage may vary. It should be up either later today or tomorrow morning.

3 comments:

  1. I have given up completely on any of those all-you-can-eat places. I would do the same thing, piling on more stuff than I really needed just because I wanted to make sure I got my monies worth. And of course, you feel miserable later.

    I for one am looking forward to the next installment of the L story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wife and I have also about cut them out, even my favorite breakfast buffets. It's just not worth it. We really only go when my mom picks one, and then it's almost always one of the Asian ones.

      And they're both reasonably thin! That's what pusses me off.

      Delete
  2. I am like you too, love to stuff myself to get my monies worth, but feel like shit after because i ate too much.
    Must try to limit my eating when visiting buffet's, but it really takes a lot of control and will-power.
    Something that seems to be lacking on my part.

    ReplyDelete