Friday, March 29, 2013

I Want to be a Loser!


It's the end of March, and I need to lose the same 30 lbs I needed to lose at the beginning of March. I told myself I was going to track what I ate, exercise more regularly, and try to drop 5 to 10 lbs per month. It didn't happen this month, not even close, but I still think I can get on track and be feeling better about myself by this summer.

And you can help. Along with the other things I post here, starting today I will post my weight every Friday and whether it's higher or lower than the previous week. I promise to post the actual weight the first thing every Friday morning, after I pee. If it's up, bust my chops a little (but not too harshly; I'm fragile). If it's down, give me the praise I so richly deserve. Treat me like the person in your life that you care enough about to want to see them improve themselves, but aren't afraid to hurt their feelings if needed.

I won't bore you with the details of the food diary that I'll be keeping, but it's my plan to stay under 2200 calories per day. At my last physical, my doctor said that was a reasonable goal, so it's not unhealthy. I'm not doing anything specific like low carbs or high protein, just keeping track of calories. Because I like to eat, I'll naturally gravitate towards foods lower in fat and sugar, and higher in fiber.

Also, at the end of each month, I'll post a body picture so you can see what (if any) progress I'm making. Post a comment here or send me an email to cast your vote if I should be nude or have underwear on in those pictures. (If I don't get at least a few votes, I'll assume you don't want the picture at all.) I won't post one tomorrow because you can see where I stand now in this post, and it's too late to complain about it being nude.

As of today: 251.8

This is, in fact, lower than I started at the beginning of March after all, by about 3 lbs. However, it could and should have been much better. 

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I was really surprised the first time I ran into your blog at how similar we are!

      Delete
  2. Not sure which program you're using, I recently started using; MYFITNESSPAL.COM. Made a world of difference. I lost 22 of body fat since starting in December. You might also look to hire a personal trainer to help with your goals, otherwise it will be a lot harder to attain & maintain those levels.
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the one I use Jack. I just need to stay disciplined.

      Delete
  3. 10 pounds a month might be tough, but you can do 5. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tom, the problem is over one weekend my weight can go up by 3 or 4 lbs. I gotta lose 10 a month or I literally won't get anywhere.

      But thank you for the encouragment. That means a lot to me.

      Delete
  4. I vote for nude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...this is GAM. I think its great that you are trying to lose some weight. I would love to feel the weight of you on top me. Like I said earlier, I love hairy, stocky guys.

      Delete
    2. Thanks GAM. I'm always trying to lose weight out of vanity, but now I got health reasons too: high cholesterol! My doctor isn't conncerned about it yet, but I am!

      But don't worry, even when I'm at my target weight I'll still be stocky. And hairy! Lol.

      Delete