Monday, October 21, 2013

Weekend Update


Happy Monday, y’all! We start off another week, and Fall weather is finally here in earnest. I love this time of year because it hasn’t yet gotten brutally cold and depressingly overcast (like it often is by February), but it’s cool enough that I can use the stove to cook without it making the rest of the house so damned uncomfortable. It’s easier to sleep at night because the bedroom is cooler too. (That’s in my corner of the world; I recognize it’s not the same for everyone.)
We drove down to visit L and B Saturday and spent the night there. It was a nice enough visit overall, but nothing really interesting happened. Which is to say, nothing happened between L and I (no opportunity and for all I know no interest on her part) and everything just sort of dragged. An older couple, friends of theirs, came over and we all went out to eat together, then came back to the house and hung out a while. Maybe it was their presence that muted it for the rest of us, or maybe there just wasn’t anything to be excited about. I didn’t even get a decent buzz going Saturday night.
Sunday was better, if only because after we got home I had a cigar while I listened on the radio as the Cowboys beat the Eagles. I got to bed early last night and except for the threat of a sinus infection trying to come on, I feel pretty well rested.
But right now I’m feeling kind of pissy at L. She started bitching about something the wife said early Saturday when we first got there, and how she only tolerates her for me. I’ll admit that what the wife said was blunt, and maybe a little rude, but L is making it a much bigger issue than it really was. I’ll be the first to admit that the wife has this habit of saying inappropriate things, not meaning to be rude but just making observations that aren’t necessary to make. But it’s not like L doesn’t do that same goddamned thing!
I know the wife isn’t perfect; lord knows I know it! But it just rubs me the wrong way because L is in no position to complain about someone being blunt and/or rude, or saying the first thing that pops into her head! And then she complained that “nobody says anything to her!”  Now it might be that L is angry about something else and just taking it out on the wife (or actually me), but I swear if I didn’t know better, I’d think she’s jealous of the wife.
Anyway, that was my weekend. How was yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment