Monday, October 14, 2013

Weekend Update

Good morning, everyone. Happy Monday! (I can say that despite being exhausted because the Dallas Cowboys beat the Washington Redskins last night. Staying up late to watch it is while I’m exhausted.)

I left work early Friday (yay!) because I got a migraine mid-morning (boo!) It was nice having the weekend start early, but I was sleeping in a dark room most of the day, and moving around very gingerly Friday night.

If you’re thinking “Uh oh, Rob is losing it; he told us about his migraine last week,” you’re right and wrong; I probably am losing it, but not over this. In the past three or four years, my migraines have tended to cluster. Once I get one, there’s a good chance within two to seven days I’ll get another one. Then I’m usually okay for several months, though even that isn’t guaranteed.

Like last week’s migraine, this one wasn’t a full blown one. I think I caught it on time with some over-the-counter meds that helped keep it down. I still felt thick-headed and slow Friday night, and physically drained Saturday, but I’ve had worse. That and the dreary weather was all the excuse I needed to stay home watching college football and cooking.

Speaking of cooking, Saturday I made a really good chicken tortilla soup in the crockpot and herb and cheese bread in the break maker my mother gave me this summer (it was an old one she doesn’t use anymore, but it still makes really good bread.) Then Sunday, while lazing around the house for another day, I cooked a big rack of pork ribs that turned out pretty good.

So there you have it, my weekend in all its boring glory. How was your weekends?

3 comments:

  1. The weather sucked here. Good day to be lazy and stay indoors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Cowboys win was sweet but came at a cost. Demarcus Ware. Damn.

    Hope the migraines aren't too bad this week. Does masturbation help? I know it works on hangovers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Losing Ware for any amount of time sucks, that's for sure. And not having Murray this week is going to hurt too.

      In fact, rubbing one out does help, in that I can nod off better afterwards. The fact that I'm usually home alone and know I don't have to do anything later makes for the rare opportunity to really take my time and enjoy myself.

      Delete