Sunday, June 1, 2014

Joke of the Week

A man is on vacation in Hawaii. Walking along the beach one day, he finds an old lamp. He picks it up and brushes it off, freeing the genie trapped inside.

The genie says, "My good man, thank you for freeing me from this lamp. As a token of my gratitude, you may have three wishes."

The man is elated. "I wish I could have a Ferrari!" The genie snaps his fingers and a shiny red Ferrari materializes in front of him.

The man, delighted by his lucky turn in life, excitedly says, "I wish to be a billionaire!" The genie once again makes it so.

The man, now decked in the finest suit money could buy (inevitably to be coated with sand anyway), scans the secluded beach and says, "Genie, you have given me everything I ever wanted. But one thing I'd like is a road connecting California to Hawaii."

The genie looks dismayed. "Look man, that's really difficult for me to do. That's like 2000 miles, plus there's the water to deal with, so it would be almost impossible. Is there anything else you might want?"

Just then, a beautiful woman comes strolling down the beach in the opposite direction. The man quickly turns to the genie before she comes closer and says, "I have never been good with the opposite sex. Make me understand women! Help me understand exactly what goes on in their heads, what really makes them tick. All the money and Ferraris in the world could not make me any better at that. Yes, that's what I want."

The genie thinks about it for a moment, then asks, "Do you want two lanes or four?"

There are a lot of holes in this joke; what good would a 2000 mile road between Hawaii and California be without hotels along the way? And gas stations? But it's still kind of funny.

I apologize for being late with the joke this week. I try to get them posted on Friday, but sometimes I'm busy at work or otherwise distracted and I just don't get it done. 

Oh, and there probably won't be a weekend update this week, unless something notable happens today (which isn't likely.) We've had a nice weekend, and did some riding, but there just isn't enough to write about. But I will try to do a FFF this week, if I can get the writing part of my brain to work.

1 comment: