Friday, June 6, 2014

FFF - True Believer - 6-6-2014

Word Count:  5 verses of 4 lines each
Required Word:  Devotion
Forbidden Work:  Servant
Extra Credit;  Name her Faith
Bonus Words:  Tell us about the last time you were on your knees.
"Can I be your serva-"
THAT IS FORBIDDEN
"Devotion?"
THAT IS ALLOWED

"Shall I pray to you every day?"
THAT IS UNNECESSARY
"I'll pray harder, longer, more fervently than anyone!"
THAT IS TOO PROUD

"Will you always be there for me?"
THAT IS MY VOW
"Shall I tell others about you?"
THAT IS YOUR CHOICE

"Do you like me naked and kneeling?"
THAT IS SELF EVIDENT
"Shall I deliver the unbelievers to you?"
THAT IS- WAIT, WHAT? WHAT DO YOU MEAN 'DELIVER'?

"I will tell everyone of your endless patience, mercy, and love."
THAT IS ALL VERY WELL, YES. BUT GETTING BACK TO THAT LAS-
"And I will kill those who don't believe it."
NO! THAT IS NOT WHAT I WANT! DAMMIT, HERE WE GO AGAIN!

I wrote this quickly (obviously) Monday morning; now it's Thursday and I'm finally getting time to work on the rest of the post, to be published tomorrow. Honestly, I don't like it as much as I did then. Oh, I'll leave it up, for good or bad, and take my lumps as they may be.

Now go read this week's wonderful entries over at Avizor's site, and have a great weekend! The Joke of the Week will be up later today.

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed it a lot! I love the ending, perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, that's where it all probably does begin. Love your sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah... writer's remorse. So glad you didn't give in to it! This is wonderful in all its subversive glory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tent to be biased on the avant garde and ambiguous (I mean come on, look at how I write). And I say, this is really good.

    ReplyDelete