Thursday, June 5, 2014

Better Than the Alternative, I Suppose

I’ll be 49 in a few months, and this should no longer be the case but I still have moments where I’m amazed to find out that I’m an adult! I have a wife; I have a good job and make decent money; I pay bills; I own cars; I have a mortgage; I HAVE A HOUSE! These are all things adults have; I have all these things; ergo, I’m an adult! This is absolutely mind-blowing at times!

Then it takes me five minutes to get out of bed in the morning because of the aches and pains, and it all becomes depressingly real; I’m glad I’m an adult, but do I have to be so damned old?

1 comment:

  1. Boy howdy! Don't we all feel that way! It's not so much the getting up in the morning (though that is an issue in and of itself), but how I feel at the end of the day! Mostly like chopped liver! Being an adult is over-rated. Age is just a number. Yeah, right.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete