Friday, December 20, 2013

Joke of the Week (Plus Bonus)

While searching for a good Joke of the Week, I ran across this cute riddle: What’s the difference between horny and hungry? Where the cucumber goes!

I got a chuckle out of it, though I’m not sure it applies to men as well as women (or not all men, anyway.) Now on to this week’s joke.

An elderly couple was having dinner one evening when the husband reached across the table, took his wife’s hand in his, and said “Martha, soon we will celebrate our 50th anniversary, and there’s something I have to know: in all these years, have you ever been unfaithful to me?”

Martha replied “Well, Henry, I have to be honest with you. Yes, I’ve been unfaithful to you three times during these 50 years, but always for a good reason.”

Henry was obviously hurt by his wife’s confession, but said “Thank you for being honest with me; I never suspected a thing. Can you tell me what you mean by ‘good reasons’?”

Martha said “The first time was shortly after we were first married, and we were going to lose our little house because we couldn’t pay the mortgage. Remember how I went to see the banker one evening, and the next day he told you the loan would be extended?”

Henry did recall the event, and said “I can forgive you for that; you saved our home. What about the second time?”

Martha replied “When we didn’t have the money to pay for your heart surgery 30 years ago. I was so afraid you were going to die. I went to see your surgeon, and the next day he performed the surgery for free.”

Henry said “Yes, I remember that as well. I always thought the surgeon had done it out of the goodness of his heart. But you saved my life, so of course I can forgive you for that. And what about the third time?”

“Well,” Martha said, “do you remember when you were running for president of your golf club and you needed 73 more votes?”

In case I don’t write anything more before next Wednesday, Merry Christmas to those of you who celebrate it, Happy Holidays to those of you who celebrate something different, and for the rest of you: have a good week!

2 comments:

  1. Love that one! Happy Christmas and such!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you posted a cucumber joke! I met a blog fan two days before this, and he brought a cucumber with him and... Whee!

    ReplyDelete