Friday, August 16, 2013

Friday Coda

After a full week of making an effort to remain calm and patient with people, I have to say I’m surprised, and kind of proud, of my progress. I’ve had a few setbacks, almost all coming from dealing with the medical laboratory I wrote about earlier in the week, but for the most part I’ve maintained my composure, at least outwardly.

I still get irritated with people, especially drivers, but I notice that even that isn’t as severe. It’s like by not allowing myself to display the anger, I actually don’t feel it as intensely. I don’t know if I’m getting any true benefit from it, but I have noticed I don’t feel as drained by the time I get home, nor do I feel as ready to snap at the wife.

Speaking of the wife, I hadn’t told her what I was doing, but she sure noticed. She mentioned it Tuesday when we went to visit L’s ex father-in-law that I seemed quieter than usual. After asking me what’s wrong, I explained how I was trying to be more patient about the stupid things people do, and why.

She jokingly said “Oh, great, now you’ll bottle it all up and take it all out on me!” I chuckled and said “No, I included you, baby.” She knew I was just teasing, which is why it only took 15 minutes for the feeling to come back into my arm.

Be safe, everyone, and have a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. wait, what? feeling back in your arm? she slugged you? lol.

    ReplyDelete