Friday, April 26, 2013

Friday Weigh In

Ugh! Not the best results this morning, and I really thought I'd done enough this week to lose weight. I only had one "bad" day, Tuesday, and that just was lunch. And Tuesday night I ran all over the place as our softball team lost badly in its first game.

But I didn't do as well at tracking my calories, and I guess they snuck up on me. Last night I went to a baseball game with the wife, the niece, and my sister, and it was $1 beer night, so I drank more than I should have.

Anyway, this week's weight is:

249.8

There doesn't seem much point in posting a picture this month, as I'm only 2 lbs down from where I started (so disappointed in the month!). Trust me, I look exactly the same. I'm going to get back on my own ass this next month of May (or off my ass, I suppose) and put a better effort into it.

I posted to Flash Fiction Friday stories on this week's theme "appointment." The word limit, 264, made it difficult for me to write the stories the way I wanted to write, but forced me to be more succinct. I think that's a good exercise for me, because I tend to get wordy (as if you couldn't tell.)

And one of the problems I have when writing fiction is I get bogged down in details, or lose interest when I realize how long it's going to take to finish one chapter, much less a longer story. A tight limit like these FFF stories have makes that part of it easier. I tell the story in as few words as possible, then start cutting out the unnecessary parts to make the limit.

Have a good weekend, y'all. I'm working on another post that I might get up tomorrow or Sunday, if I can finish it, so check back if you get time.

6 comments:

  1. Don't get down on yourself Rob. It'll happen.
    Have a good weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something to consider just for a week or two to see if it helps. Give up sugar. No sodas (even diet), no candy of any type, no donuts. Just things that are obviously loaded with sugar. My wife claims that includes beer, but I tend to ignore her in matters of that nature. I gave up sugar about a month ago and so far I've dropped 15 pounds without even trying. Do a Google/Bing search on Dr. Robert Lustig and read some of his stuff; it will make you want to give it a try.

    And I'm with MG on this - it takes time for your body to get in weight loss mode. Give it some time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might try the no sugar, but even diet drinks? That would be difficult. What about sweetener for my coffee?

      I don't eat a wole lot of sugary things on a daily basis, though. Some, and probably enough to make at least some difference. But my problem is probably too much fat in my diet.

      Delete
    2. I'm wanting to do away with sugar, but it is almost as good as sex. and i get sugar alot more often. If I could have sex as often as I ate sugar, I'd give it up! lol

      Delete
  3. I get bogged down in writing entries as well. I'm hoping that doing it more and more will help me get over the hurdle. And as a reader, I usually like the longer posts...

    ReplyDelete