Sunday, April 7, 2013

Drinks all around!

I'm celebrating one month of blogging, so drink are on me! Of course I understand it's safe to say that on the internet, especially on a Sunday morning, but it's the thought that counts, right?

Actually, yesterday was one month, but I was too hung over in the morning to write anything, and then later in the day I just didn't have time. I did have a nap and then a cigar, though, and made cornbread and chili for dinner. So it was a pretty good day all in all.

But back to celebrating! In my first month, I've had a total of 2050 page views, averaging right around 65 per day or so. The weekends are the slowest, getting usually in the 30s, but that's to be expected; people are busy with family and friends, and aren't trying to avoid real work like they are during the week. (That's what I'm doing at work, anyway.)

My all-time high was March 9; I had 167 views that day, and it was mostly due to James F Break at Break Out introducing me to his readers and saying I have a nice wiener. Thanks, JFB! I'd written him an email asking for some advice on how to become more popular, and he told me to simply keep doing what I'm doing: write good posts (I hope most of what I write is good), comment on other blogs, and be patient. Good advice for anyone doing anything, I suppose.

I have 7 members to this blog so far, JFB being one of them. You can see who they are on the right side. For the page hits I'm getting, I assume I have some fairly regular readers who aren't members, and that's cool too. You're all welcome! GAM (Gay Asian Male) is a frequent anonymous commenter who likes stocky, hairy guys, but supports my efforts to lose weight as well.

I've really enjoyed blogging here for the past month, and showing everyone my wiener. I'm planning to continue both for some time, though as we all know it's inevitable that the number of posts will trail off at some point. But not too soon, I think. I still have a lot of my back story to tell, as the mood strikes me. Some "secrets" have yet to be revealed, and perhaps they never will be, but most likely I will at some point. And it may cost me goodwill among my readers; I hope not, but these things happen.

I also hope to have adventures to relate here, both with ladies and with men, but that remains to be seen.  So far, it looks like all of the opportunities I've been working on have gone south, which is very frustrating. But there are always more opportunities out there to be found, and I'll keep trying. I hate having to start over, but we do what we must, no?

Thanks to all of you for a successful first month.

3 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! Wow, our last 30 days have been very different, eh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the great start! I look forward to what lies ahead.

    ReplyDelete