Friday, April 19, 2013

Flash Fiction Friday - Stolen - April 19

Key Words - Stolen
Word Limit - 300
Extra Words - 10 words for everyone you personally invite to join FFF
Extra Credit - Involve a Panda Bear
It's not a lot, baby, but it's ours. Our first place together; can you believe it?

It's small, and has a weird smell, and the walls are paper thin. I swear I can hear the upstairs neighbor grunting as he (god, I hope it's a he) drops a deuce.

Oh, baby, no please don't get all paranoid! I was just kidding; I can't hear him. Nobody will hear you when you have to potty, I promise!

Except for me.

No, no, I'm kidding! Baby... Yes, I promise I won't listen!

Now it might take a few weeks to get some furniture in here. We about blew both of our paychecks just putting the first and last down on this place. We'll be eating ramen noodles for a while, I think.

But next payday, if we have any leftover after the bills, we'll rent-to-own some nice stuff. At least a bed and a couch.

Damn, I wish it could be more. We should have planned better and saved more money before...

No, baby, I'm absolutely thrilled that we're living together! I just wish I could give you more. Everything is just so fucking expensive.

I know it's important to you, but you're going to have to cut back on your save-the-Pandas donations, okay?

I really thought I'd have more of my shit together by now, you know? You deserve a nice house outside of the city, instead of this shit-hole. God, when was the last time the walls were painted? And did you see the kitchen floor? The way the linoleum is bubbling up?

Fuck! What the hell was I thinking, dragging you here into this? You deserve so much more. You deserve a man who can at least put some fucking furniture in!

I... I'm sorry, baby. I'm just feeling down; you know how I get. I just feel so fucking useless.

No, of course I don't think you're a loser! Why would you say that?

Oh. Yes, I know you can have your choice of guys. But...

No, I don't think you're stupid. But...

Well, now that you ask... why DID you choose me?

Really? You think I'm smart?

And kind?

Okay, I do have a good sense of humor.

Hot?! Oh, please, I'm not...

Okay, okay, have it your way; I'm hot. Thank you baby.

Yes, I do feel better. You always make me feel better. You stole my heart!

Really? You want to here? Aren't you afraid of the neighbors hearing us?

Ha ha. We don't even have a bed.

Oh, yea, the mattress. I forgot about that.

God I love you, baby! 

5 comments:

  1. This is so sweet (and that's a compliment, I promise!!).

    What I love about FFF is that everyone takes a different angle on the picture. And that angle can change each week. You ran through a conversation that a lot of young couples have and it's more true to life than I care to admit.

    On one of my first dates with my wife, we had to split a Burger King happy meal because we spent our money on concert tickets, at the fair.

    I'm so very very glad you joined in!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Wow, this is like joining the mob and The Godfather says "nice shot!" I'm gonna be beaming all day!

      Delete
  2. Rob! I adore the way you did this... hearing his side of the conversation. So fun FFFing with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Ssg! I don't know if I'll do it every week, but I'll do it some. :-)

      Delete
  3. Very nicely done. All the sweet sad stories we never hear because people are too nervous to show themselves. Well done.

    ReplyDelete