Monday, January 27, 2014

Weekend Update

Happy Monday, all. I trust you’re back at work, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed and ready to take on the week! No? Yea, me neither.

Not much of anything happened this weekend. The niece was out of the house all weekend, but what half-hearted attempts I made at starting something with the wife was met with the usual from her; little to no interest. We played around a little Saturday evening in the kitchen; I was rubbing her boobs and we were kissing, and just as I was starting to feel some true interest, she pushed my hands away and the matter was dropped. Whatever. Except for the time I spent with Simplicity on Monday, my week was pretty rotten and I wasn’t really in the mood to push for anything anyway.

My step-father had a double by-pass surgery Wednesday morning. He thought he’d have to stay until Monday or Tuesday, but he recuperated so well that they let him come home Sunday. It’s not that I minded rushing to the hospital each evening as soon as I got home from work to pick my mother up and take her home, but I’m sure glad I don’t have to do that today!

I didn’t hear from L all weekend, or not directly. In fact, I was starting to get a little worried about her and B on Saturday because I didn’t see any Facebook posts from either of them. They aren’t addicted to it or spend all day on it, but L is good for two or three of those stupid e-cards a day, and B will post about drinking beer or some anti-liberal bullshit. I knew they’d been out somewhere drinking Friday night, and though I kind of knew they were alright, I still worried.

Sunday morning L posted some little something, and I felt better. Plus a little later she “liked” a post of mine, which I took as the equivalent of a head nod. It’s like she was saying “I’m still mad and I’m not going to speak to you, but I know you’re around.” That’s good enough for now. I’m content to wait for her to break the silence; she’s the one who said she wouldn’t be saying anything for a while, so I’ll let her decide when it’s time. That’s how I feel now, anyway; I make no guarantees that won’t change.

The wife and I joined the Y at the start of the year, and we’ve been pretty good about going regularly. Last week got messed up because Tuesday I was dealing with the migraine hangover, and the rest of the week I was picking my mother up from the hospital (see above) but we started back up Saturday and I’m getting back into the swing of things. I wish they had a heavy punching bag there that I could spend some time pounding, especially when my stress level gets high, but I have to take my aggression out on the weight machines. I’m slowly adding resistance, making sure I don’t hurt my old and fragile body too badly. Plus I’m trying to get in at least 45 minutes of cardio every other day (20 minutes each morning, 25 minutes every other evening.)

So far I haven’t lost as much weight as I was hoping to but I am noticing a slight change in the way my pants fit. It’s not a lot, but I don’t think it’s just in my mind either. And I still have the rest of this week to meet my “by the end of the month” goal safely. Along with the exercise I’m trying to eat better as well, so I think if I keep it up I’ll start seeing real results by, say, mid-march. I have weekly goals, month-long goals, and my first “milestone” goal, which I hope to reach by sometime in June. I’ll try to give progress reports as I go.

So that was my weekend. How was yours?

5 comments:

  1. Good for you for working on the health! I am trying to get back in the habit of gym time 3-4 days a week, and stuff just keeps getting in the way (excuses, ya know).

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good start to the new year on the health front. It takes a while to see a change but it's worth it. I'm working towards an April 5th race and eating better is part of it. My goal is modest, only 1.5 pounds a week, but if I make slow and steady progress, it will start to show. I hope so, I need to run faster. So good luck with the Step Father's heart surgery, and with L. Both heart problems that will get better over time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that you know L is ago and at least gave you the head-nod (Like), perhaps you were right in not sending her that letter! But it feels good to get it off your chest, right? Blog on my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, whether I'm right or wrong in the way I look at it, writing the letter helped, and posting it here helped even more. We did talk yesterday, and after she told me what happened Friday night, I'm even more glad I didn't send it.

      Delete
  4. Thank you, Jay and Advizor54, for your encouragement.

    ReplyDelete