Tuesday, January 14, 2014

It's Safe Now!

Last week was kind of rough for me, emotionally, and it might have shown through just a little bit in my Flash Fiction Friday woffering. I took Tom’s (from Three Spelling Mistakes) advice and had a drink… or several. Say, does anybody know if Advizor54 ever came back after high-tailing it out of here?

As readers who have been with me from the beginning know, I go through periods where my coping mechanisms just get overwhelmed. I guess that’s what happened last week, and in spades! I started the week already on a low side, and it just kept avalanching throughout the week. In real life that just meant I snapped at people a little more quickly, and I wasn’t the calm, collected driver that I’ve been trying really hard (and mostly succeeding) to be.

So no, I wasn’t on the edge of a breakdown or anything. Well, I wasn’t any closer than usual. But writing is an outlet I do have that I can mostly use without repercussion (at least on this blog), so I took my shot. I apologize for the darkness of the story, but writing it helped. That and drinking a fair amount of alcohol Friday and Saturday night (thanks again, Tom!) Some of you indicated that you liked the story even with its darkness, and that it was well-written. I thank you all very much for that; I strive to write well, or to at least be readable, and I love praise.

This week is starting a good bit better, and we’ll see how the rest of the week goes. I’ve already written this week’s FFF and I promise it’s much less dark than last weeks. In fact… well, you’ll see for yourself.

3 comments:

  1. This is exactly why I have kept my blog for so long. You can write shit, get it out of your system and move on. Most readers won't judge you on the fact that you are just getting it out of your system and moving on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm out here.
    And you don't have to apologize for the dark periods. We all have them, and, as JFB says, we write to get it out of the system. Better do dump on friends who understand over friends who don't. So write what ever you want. it's cool with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're feeling better! I saw your response, I get you a little better now.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete