Friday, January 31, 2014

Look Who's 200!

So this is what having 200 posts feels like? What a nice, round number 200 is, right? And in less than a year! That means I’ve either got a lot to say, or I just use a lot of words to say… well, not much.

Oh, I’m sure for some of you 200 posts is not a big deal. Those of you who’ve been around for years have probably archived more than 200 posts just to make room for all of your other ones. But because round numbers are considered milestones, I’m going to celebrate number 200 in my own style; with more words.

Since March of last year I’ve gained 22 people who are willing to publicly admit they read my blog. The first was James F. Break from Break Out, and he is mostly responsible for all the others. Plus I believe I have quite a few anonymous readers, based on my average daily hits.

Speaking of, until a few months ago I was averaging probably around 45 hits a day. Now I’m getting in the hundreds, on average, mainly because of the two times I’ve linked to my blog on Reddit.com. Both times I’ve done that, I’ve topped 2000 hits on the day I linked, then in the 1000s the next day, and decreasing each day until it gets back to around the hundred and something range. It dips below 100 at times still, but then bounces back.

As of my writing this post (on Wednesday, though it won’t go up until Friday afternoon) I’ve had 671 comments. Some of those are mine in reply to other comments.

I started off writing about my desire to experience sucking a cock, and related topics. I wrote about earlier experiences, my futile efforts through the past year to make it happen, and then finally meeting Brent at a hotel and both of us experiencing it for the first time. He didn’t cum in my mouth, which was a big part of what I wanted, but it was overall a positive experience.

Currently I’m not obsessing about it the way I was last year at this time, but it’s still something I want to do when the right circumstances come up. And I would gladly join a like-minded couple for a MFM threesome.

I’ve participated in a number of the weekly Flash Fiction Friday stories; some of my entries were pretty good, some were kind of blah, and at least one caused some people to be concerned with my mental health. I don’t always find inspiration for the week’s topic, and sometimes I’m just too caught up in my other shit to have any energy for it, but I do enjoy participating when I can. Though I enjoy all the stories that come out each week, Advizor54 and Tom from Three Spelling Mistakes are always my favorites. I hope to be just like them if I ever grow up.

I also wrote about my ongoing relationship with L, and probably raised a few eyebrows when I revealed that she is my (half) sister. Lately she’s been the dominate topic of my blog, and I wouldn’t be surprised if some of you are getting bored at my constant whining about her. Not that it’s going to stop, mind you; I’m just saying I understand.

I made a new friend last summer, a local(ish) lady who read my blog and contacted me. We exchange emails, then pictures, then finally met in real life and had a wonderful encounter. Since then we’ve had several more wonderful encounters and have (I hope) become pretty good friends to boot. You all know her as Simplicity, of course, from Keep It Simple, Sexy. She’s also a wonderful writer, and I like to think I had a hand in encouraging her to start her blog. (She would have started it without my encouragement, most likely, but I kind of pushed her to go ahead and do it sooner rather than later.)

And throughout all of my posts has been the wife. Even when I haven’t explicitly mentioned her, her shadow has been present in everything I’ve written. It may not seem like it at times but I honestly do love her, and want us to be happy together. That means a hard, possibly painful conversation soon, but one that is going to be necessary. I’m not content with just going through the motions anymore and seeking fulfillment outside; we either need to fix what’s wrong or make a change. On this I will, of course, keep you all updated.

I’ve written about my ups and downs; my triumphs and failures; my hopes and insecurities. I haven’t always been able to solve my problems by writing, but just knowing that you, the readers, care enough to continue reading my posts has helped tremendously. When those of you who have found time to have commented, I’ve always gained some insight, new perspective, or at least humor in what you’ve written.

Thank you all for being there, and for caring enough to return. I truly love you all.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on 200 posts! I'm so glad I found your blog! I consider you to be a great friend too. And the benefits have been wonderful. :) Here's to 200 more! Muah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. James F. Break recommended your blog...glad he did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for 200! Here's to 200 more! And more! Thanks for sharing some stats... I find them so hot! Hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on 200!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your 200th blog entry.
    Always read your posts, understand what you are going through, but don't always comment.
    I have just passed the 511 posting mark, and have several more that I am currently trying to put down into an entry.
    Unlike you, it is more difficult to find a willing partner like L, Brent or simplicity to have sexual encounters with. Even with Red, there are moments, but because we live so far apart, and see each other on occasion, there are times when she is not enough for my sexual needs, and she is the most GGG person that I have ever known, would do anything for me, and loves me no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations. Thank you for sharing and being open. I can relate.

    ReplyDelete