Monday, May 19, 2014

Weekend Update

Happy Monday, everyone; I hope you all had good weekends.

I’ve pretty much given up on having anything exciting or interesting to say anymore, especially after a weekend. I don’t feel much like going out when it’s just the wife and I, and after a number of failed attempts to get together with other people, I’m done with trying. I understand people are busy, but I can only make so much unreciprocated effort before I say “fuck it” and stop trying. If any of our “friends” (including L) want to spend time with us, they’ll damn well have to be the ones asking us to get together. If they don’t want to spend time with us, then we don’t need them around anyway.

There were no games at home this weekend, so it was just the wife and I staying in and… well, the usual. We had sex Saturday afternoon after a short nap (yes, we like our naps on Saturdays when we can get them) and made some plans for a short trip next weekend. She followed some games on her computer while I read and the TV was on in the background.

Saturday night I made some bets on the Preakness and actually won one of them! In total, between the wife and me, we had $30 worth of bets; $20 for me to box 5 horses on an Exacta (each bet was only $1) and the wife had some other bets. I hit on one of the Exactas and won all of $9.10. It’s great to win, but I hate to win and still have lost money.

Leading up to the actual race we had a nice salad for dinner, and I made us some steaks and corn on the cob. I was going to grill the steaks, but by Saturday evening it was cool, windy, and dreary looking outside and I just didn’t feel like getting the grill out. But I’ve discovered over the past year that a hot cast-iron skillet does a pretty good job with steaks too. The grill is better, in my opinion, but the skillet will do in a pinch.

I did yard work on Sunday, and we went for a little drive and picked up some dinner at a deli we like. By the time we left it was getting cool, so we headed on home. We had some wine (and a beer later) and went to bed early.

3 comments:

  1. I need to get some steaks! And at least you got sex!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot cast iron.

    Steak for 4 min one each side.

    Heat oven to 400

    After 4 min cover steak with minced garlic and place in oven for 4 min.

    Let rest for 8 min then server with sautéed mushrooms, asparagus, and garlic mashed Yukon Potatoes. eat like a king and fuck like a pauper....

    A good glass of Shiraz will help...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm gonna try this recipe this weekend!
      Thanks!

      Peace <3
      Jay

      Delete