Sunday, July 28, 2013

Weekend Update

There's not much to write about from this weekend. Everything revolved around the wife going to baseball games, which is just fucking awesome. The Friday night game went into the 16th inning, so I was already in bed and mostly asleep by the time she got home.

We did our normal chores Saturday, but I was in a surly mood all day (mostly because of Friday night, but there were other reasons.) She went to Saturday's game, but it was postponed because it had rained all day, and the grounds crew hadn't put the cover over the infield Friday night. She was home by 7:30, which could have turned into something interesting, but it didn't. I tried, but every pass I made was rebuffed. Well, that's not entirely true; it's more like every pass I attempted was ignored or brushed off. I wound up getting drunk and we went to our separate sides of the bed.

Some friends were supposed to come over for a cookout (which I didn't want, but the wife had already set up.) Simplicity and I were going to try to get together Sunday while the wife was at a game, but with the cookout it just wasn't going to happen. The friends bailed, and the wife went to the game after all. As an added bonus, the game didn't start until 7 (the Sunday games are usually at 4) so of course she was home late again.

Is it bad that I sometimes fantasize that she's not really going to the game, but is secretly meeting a lover? I don't get off on the idea like James at Break Out does, though. I'd just like to know that she could be interested in something other than baseball. Unfortunately, I know that's not the case.

3 comments:

  1. At least your wife has some sort of hobby. I'd kill to get the amount of alone time you have - whether she was watching baseball, seeing another guy or just going to the movies. Real frustration would be if your local team was on TV all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, it is good to have some time to myself. The problem is how much time and energy she puts into it, to the exclusion of almost everything else. Even when she's at home she's immersed in baseball, and the off season is only marginally better.

      The shame of it is, on the infrequent occasions when we do engage without talking about baseball or the same work conplaints, it's really nice even if there's no sex. I still enjoy her company, and would really like it if she'd at least try to act like I'm as important to her as her hobby.

      Delete
  2. :( Maybe the week will be better...

    ReplyDelete