Friday, July 26, 2013

Flash Fiction Friday - Questions - 5/26

Word Length = 356
Required word = suspicion
Forbidden words = Soap, hard, officer, effigy
Bonus words (25) = Tell us, who's the sexiest cop on TV?
Extra Credit (25) = Confess to a crime you committed (or want to commit)

I wrote the first story on Monday, and it came to me pretty quick. But the more I thought about it, the more I didn't like it. I was going to trash it entirely, but decided to keep it and just write a second one. 

Be sure to get over to Advizor's to read the really good entries. 
****************

Deadly Suspicions

The locker room was empty, save for the woman in the shower. Detective Henson leaned against the entrance, admiring her curves for several minutes before she noticed him. No matter what was wrong with her mind, Mendez kept herself in excellent shape.

She barely reacted when she saw him; if she hadn’t already been under suspicion, Henson wouldn’t have noticed it at all. “Hello, Jack,” she drawled, lazily. “Are you going to just stare at me, or are you going to join me in here?”

Henson hesitated as he considered the invitation. It wouldn’t be the first time they’d fucked in the shower, but it would definitely be the last. But Mendez was dangerous, and knew why he was there; he couldn’t afford to let himself be distracted.

“Not this time, Em,” he smiled, sadly. “You know why I’m here.”

To her credit, Mendez didn’t even try to lie. “He had to die, Jack,” she replied. She appeared calm, but Henson noticed the twitching of her fingers; her “tell” that she was about to act.

“Don’t do it, Em! I’m here to take you in, and I’d like it to be as easy for everyone as possible.”

Mendez chuckled. “Jack, I’m naked in the shower. Just how big a threat do you think I am?” She turned off the water and walked towards him. Henson stiffened, in more ways than one, his hand reflexively going to his gun. She kept coming.

“Relax, Jack!” she said, an edge to her voice. “Can I get dressed before you haul me in?”

Henson eyed her warily as she dried off and followed her to her locker. “Wait!” he ordered, and nudged her aside and opened the locker door. He confiscated her service revolver and checked her clothes for other weapons, then handed them over, one article at a time, as she got dressed.

“He was a demon, Jack. I had no choice.” She sounded defeated and tired.

Henson relaxed at her tone. “Emily Mendez, I’m placing you under arrest for the murder of –“ He saw his mistake immediately, but it was too late. Mendez lashed out with the speed and strength of the crazed, breaking his knee and nose before he could react. “Em, please stop!” he croaked through the pain, but he knew it was hopeless. She raised the gun she’d taken from his holster.

“Time to die, demon!” she hissed, and pulled the trigger.
************************

Questionable Suspicions


Paul was beat, but watching Linda in the shower revived him a good bit. His cock stiffened as she rinsed off, unselfconsciously sensuous in her movements.  He considered joining her, knowing she would welcome the intrusion; nobody else was around this late. He decided against it, under the circumstances.

“April knows,” he said. Linda paused only an instant, then resumed rinsing herself.

“How much?” she asked.

“She thinks that I’m fucking around, but she doesn’t know with whom. Frankly, she’d never guess it’s you, so I think you’re safe.”

“Dammit, Paul, I told you this would happen. What did you do?”

“I lied, of course. Unless she has direct evidence of something, I’m not going to admit to anything. I don’t think she has anything solid, just a suspicion. She tried to bluff, saying she knows everything and I might as well come clean, but I acted like I didn’t have a clue what she was talking about.”

Linda turned off the water and walked towards Paul, taking the towel he handed her. She didn’t speak for a long moment as she dried herself, but then then finally turned to him and asked “Do you think she’ll tell your wife?” She saw the bulge in his pants twitch at her question. Unbelievable, she thought. He’s getting off on this!

“No, I don’t think she’d go that far. She gets too much out of our arrangement, and if she tells Nancy she loses everything.” Paul leered at Linda as she dried off. Linda saw the look in his eyes and knew what he wanted.

“You’re a dick,” she said, not without affection. She sat on the bench in front of him, unzipped his slacks, and pulled his cock out. “And you’re a dick too, but I like you!” she said to it. She took him in her mouth, and moments later sighed in satisfaction as his legs started wobbling and he released in her mouth. She knew he would be fucking either April or Nancy later, but she got the first cum.

“Don’t you dare tell April about me, no matter what!” she said, getting dressed. “And Nancy might be okay with you and me, but don’t push your luck and tell her about April.”

“I won’t,” he replied, smiling as he walked out of the locker room.

“And who don’t I know about?” she muttered to herself.
************************



A lot of guys my age would point to Angie Dickinson in Police Woman, or Charlie's Angels (especially Farah) but not me. There was never a sexier cop, in my mind, than Cagney, the blonde in the Cagney and Lacey cop show. Meg Foster was Cagney the first season, and she was okay, but Sharon Gless picked up the role after that and I was in love! (I didn't know it until just now, but Loretta Switt, Hot Lips from M*A*S*H, was Cagney in the movie. There was a movie? But I never thought Loretta Switt was all that either.)

The only real crime I ever committed involved me finding a blank check at a job I worked at years ago. The person who wrote it was paying for a service, and had written in everything but the "To" field. The check was already recorded in the system, so the customer received credit for paying, and it was in a large batch of checks. The job was in a kind of government agency, so I figured no one person was really going to be harmed by it. I wrote someone else's name in the blank and took it the the bank the check was being drawn from and cashed it. It was for $150, and at the time it was really needed. I got away with it, but I'm not proud of it, that's for sure.

7 comments:

  1. Both stories were well-worth the read. I am impressed that you could envision a completely distinct storyline after already writing the first. Once I get one idea, I think I'm done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie D crossed my mind as well. But I was never a C&L fan.

    I really liked the second piece. "Who don't I know about?" is a great question, even in an 'open' relationship. The poor guy (lucky guy) needs a score card. As for the first one, ours both end with a gun pointed, but I think my guy is going to come out a lot better.

    Thanks for both takes, that is what this is all about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both stories were good. :) I look forward to seeing you here again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the encouraging words, y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah Angie was hot...and that really ages us by the way. As well as the original Charlie's Angels and MASH comments. I always liked the long haired brunette on CA, what was her name? Everyone loved Farrah but I've never been big on blondes male or female. ;)
    great stories rob, and I'm more than a little surprised by your criminal background. lol. Good thing you never had to do time, those eyes and long eyelashes you'd have been a goner for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sometimes do that; write a story and then come up with another one.

    I don't ever write it up though; great stories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow... so much creativity on display here! I had trouble eeking out one story and you roll out four greats ideas! So fun FFFing wtih you.

    ReplyDelete