Monday, July 1, 2013

Weekend Update

Happy Monday everybody! It's a short week for me, as we're going out of town Wednesday, and I always LOVE short weeks!

Friday evening, the niece and I met L and the B at a local watering hole (the wife showed up a little later). They were both already trashed, and not in a fun, joyous way. B always gets more aggressive when he's drinking, but L is generally just silly (like me.) This night, though, L was in full-on bitch mode.

Not that she was being mean to any of us in the party (including two co-workers and their spouse), but she was loud and way too risque. Between her and B openly talking about their sex lives, most of us couldn't help but laugh, but I was embarrassed for both of them, especially L.

The wife went to a game Saturday while I had a cigar. We planned to go out with a friend when the game was over, so we picked her up around 8:30. We went to a local bar that was having Karaoke night. The wife decided she wanted to drink, and I was happy to be the designated driver for a change. We save a lot of money if she's drinking, because she doesn't put them away I do.

Somehow, despite not having any alcohol, I found myself signing up to sing a song. The friend's daughter always comes to these things and is a pretty decent singer herself, and she goaded me into it. (The wife thinks the daughter, who is 24, has a crush on me.) So I sang Georgia Satellite's "Hands to Yourself," and the wife recorded it for later blackmail purposes. (For the record, I wasn't as bad as some of the others who went up there.)

I wasn't planning to do a second song, but apparently once your name is on the list they'll call you back up again later. I tried to beg off, but everyone (including the wife) egged me on again and I wound up singing Bob Seger's "Turn the Page." I only ever did Karaoke once before, and that time it took four shot of tequila (1800, my favorite) to get me up there. I did "Turn the Page" then too, but I think I was a little better this time. And yes, the wife recorded that one as well.

Sunday was lawn mowing day, and another cigar, and generally relaxing. The wife's game started at 4, so she was home early (too early for any fun with LF, who didn't get off work until after 6, darn it!)

L did send me a couple of nice pictures of her in her new bikini. She complained about being a little chubby for it, but I couldn't see any problems with it. I (barely) managed "jokingly" asking for pictures of her without the bikini on to compare them, so I pat myself on the back for that. Although, damn, that might have worked. Oh, well.

Anyway, that was my weekend. How was yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment