Monday, September 2, 2013

Highlights from Sunday

Here are some conversations and events from Sunday that stick in my mind, either because they were funny (to L and me, anyway) or otherwise interesting (to me, anyway.) I decided to post these separately to keep the Weekend Update post shorter, and because I think it would have interrupted the flow trying to shoehorn them in.

- When we walked into the same U-Haul place as last week, the same guy was behind the counter. He looked at us in surprise and said "Oh, you're back?" I said "Yea, I think we need to talk about getting a weekly rate on the trailer." L laughed and said "I told you last week we should just buy one."

- B sent L a text saying when we started bringing stuff in to not wake the computer because the background was a picture of her tits. He said "I don't want to traumatize your brother." L told me and I said "Tell him I said I'm a good brother, and I don't even look at them when I'm fucking you."

- On the road from S to B, L called and said her step-father called. They chatted about some things, and he'd asked her where she was staying. Speaking as if I were L answering him, I said "Well, it's funny you should ask that... today of all days." L got to giggling over the phone, and I continued. "It was kind of iffy this morning, but now, yea, I'm still in town."

- We stopped at a Sheetz to get me a soda and both of us a bite to eat. L had taken off her bra in the car because she didn't like the sweaty feeling. As we walked out of Sheetz I looked pointedly at her tits through her thin t-shirt and said "I love the air conditioning in that place!"

- We ate at my Pathfinder and talked a bit. L said "Rob, I need you to tell me I'll be okay, and I'll make this work!" After all the energy I'd put into keeping this from happening, it was hard for me to do but I could tell she really needed it. With as much sincerity as I could fake, I said "You're going to be fine, and you'll make this work somehow." She looked relieved, then said "If I could just stop fucking... other people." I laughed and said "Well, just keep it in the family and you'll be fine! It's more fun that way."

- She laughed and said "Rob's going 'hell yea, I'm in; fuck S!'" (I include this because at the time I wondered if she was saying I'm in.)

- After we got the last of the big furniture in L's daughter's room, and into the closet, L quickly lifted her shirt so I could ogle her boobs. She said "I figure you deserve this, but no touching! You're sweaty and icky!"

- After we were done, we stood outside while I sipped a beer and cooled down. She was texting her friend about being back with B, and was telling me what they were saying back and forth. She got that look of embarrassment and said "I'm sorry, brother, I know this is all fucked up. I just couldn't make it there; I can be myself with B even when I don't like being here." I smiled, because what else could I do, and said "Someday you and I will just get a place together." I thought she'd just laugh it off, but she looked at me wistfully and said "Why couldn't you say this before all the moving?" A little taken aback, I replied "Because I don't know when that will be." She said "Yea, it could be another 40 years. But I'll wait." (I think I'll need to explore this some more in a future post.)

- We were back inside a little later, I'd taken a quick, cool shower, and B was up and had come out to talk a bit before going back in their bedroom. L went in and a few minutes later came out walking towards me. She lifted her shirt again and whispered "touch them, quick, touch them!" I stroked the nipples and she pulled her shirt down and said "You're too slow." I laughed and made like I was going to pull the gym shorts down, and she said "No! B could come out!"

- She'd joked around a couple of times about me staying and helping her organize things, knowing I would have to be heading home. But now I was starting to see some possibilities if I were there after B left for work. I asked when he'd be leaving and she said 5:30. I'd already texted the wife that I would be leaving around 5:00, but told L "I could probably stay for a little bit and help." She made an "I'm sorry" face and said "but I'm on my period." I said, in all seriousness "I don't care." She laughed and said "but I do!"

Again, it turned out B didn't go to work after all, so it was just as well that we didn't make any plans. It remains to be seen if L will continue having thoughts along those lines, but it does make me hopeful. I'll continue trying to keep a careful balance between letting her know I'm still interested whenever she's in the mood (and circumstances allow), and being okay with it when she's not.

I still worry about her and B being together, but we all just have to make the best of it for now.

3 comments:

  1. With stress like that, you've got to keep the rest of life light-hearted. Thanks for sharing some of those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I don't know if I'm the conductor, the train, or the pile of crap in the middle of the track, but I'm going to have some laughs while I wait for the wreck that's coming.

      Delete
  2. "Tell him I said I'm a good brother, and I don't even look at them when I'm fucking you."

    ^^^^
    this made me spit out my tea laughing. lol. clearly we have the same sense of humour.

    ReplyDelete