Wednesday, September 11, 2013

... and I Endorse This Message

This is what I posted on Facebook this morning.

Never forget? Of course we’ll never forget. We’ve been attacked before, but never have so many innocent people been so viciously attacked on our own soil. So I, for one, will always remember this day, and the thousands of lives lost, as being the start of far worse brutality. The attacks that have made us look as bad in the eyes of our friends as we always have in the eyes of our enemies; the attacks on our personal freedom; the attacks on our personal liberties; the attacks on our poor and less fortunate.

All of these attacks have happened before, of course, but September 11, 2001 will always remain, to me, the day these attacks started in earnest, and remain unabated. And the enemy is, indeed, within.



Please understand, I don't hate America. I love the country I grew up in, and spent 8 1/2 years defending. But I do hate what is being done to my country under the guise of "protecting" us from terrorists. Who is going to protect us from the leaders who chip and gouge at our Constitution, until it's rendered meaningless?

I'm not a political person by nature, and I stepped back from any and all politics back in 2009 when I saw that the party may change, but the end result is the same. I still doubt that the current downward spiral we're in, as it pertains to liberty and freedom, can be corrected, but I'm certain that it won't get better under our current choices of Republicrats and Demacons.

Does that mean I'm a Libertarian? No, not really. I agree with a lot of their ideas, and they certainly sound reasonable at times. But some of them act like they're just another social conservative in disguise.

I'm a member of the "had it up to here" party!

2 comments:

  1. I was at the airport with my children this summer. As we were going through security, it struck me as to how many small and visible, large and invisible ways our lives have changed. I tried to explain these changes to my kids, thinking that they needed to have a framework of understanding if they were going to fight for the preservation of what civil liberties we still maintain or want back. But I realized that talking about it will never impress on them how important they are. They've grown up post 9/11 and will never know anything but the way things are now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, in six years, people who have no idea what has been lost since then will be voting.

      Delete