Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Happy 4th!

The wife and I are going out of town tomorrow(July 3), so this has been a somewhat busy week for me, getting caught up with everything before I leave. I’d hoped to write a FFF because I like the prompt, but I just haven’t had the time to, even at home. The wife had a game to go to Monday night, but I had some errands to run and by the time I got home I was too tired to think that hard.

We’re going to see my older sister and her family, same as we did last year for the 4th of July weekend. Near the beginning of June we’d made tentative plans to go to a party on the 3rdwith L and B, and stay with them overnight, but the more I thought about it the more I wasn’t sure I wanted to. Plus, the wife was having a lot of trouble getting a group of days off all together because of her company’s stupid policies, and this looked like the only weekend we’d get to have a nice, long visit with the Kentucky clan (that’s with a C, so no klan jokes, please!)

I was a little worried that L would make a big deal out of our not coming, but when I told her early last week, she said that it was fine. We didn’t talk the rest of the day, so I don’t know if she was mad about it or had just gotten busy. The next day we talked and things seemed okay, and near the end of the week we seemed on better footing than we’d been for a while. In fact, this past weekend we had fun, joking text conversations on Saturday and Sunday. They weren’t lengthy, and certainly nothing like we’d had in the past, but it was the first time we’d had any real conversation on a weekend in a long time; it felt good.

Anyway, we’re leaving tomorrow and coming back Sunday (or perhaps Monday; we’ll see) so I probably won’t be able to post anything for the rest of the week. I’ll try to get a Joke of the Week up, scheduled for Friday publishing, but I can’t promise anything. You’ll just have to muddle through without one somehow most likely. But I will try to get a Weekend Update up sometime Monday or (most likely) Tuesday.

Have a happy 4th of July, to my American friends, and a safe, wonderful, sex-filled weekend! (To my non-American friends, I hope your 4th of July is happy as well, even if you aren’t celebrating anything.)

5 comments:

  1. No FFF? Why, what kind of Anti-american are you?

    :-p Have a great holiday and may the sex be as bright as the Fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great time! I am here. With a much younger guy coming over. Wish me luck. Drive carefully. Want you back for more fun!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the weekend. And if you read this, it means comments is working for me! Yay!

    ReplyDelete