Friday, March 28, 2014

FFF - Pretending - 3/28/14



Word Count: 250
Bonus Words: +50 if you tell us the last three songs you listened to
Required Word: Melody
Forbidden Words: Ke$ha, Miley, Rihanna
Extra Credit: Before writing, get up and dance to your favorite song!

“Melody,” he called, tapping her on her head to get her attention. She looked up from between his legs and smiled at him.

“You like that baby?” she asked loudly.

Andy smiled (though it was more of a grimace) and said “Yea, sweetie, it’s great. And I really appreciate the effort, but it’s just not going to happen.”

Melody frowned and removed her headphones, causing Andy to wince as the club music blasted out. “What’s the matter, baby? Am I doing something wrong?”

“No, you’re doing fine,” he lied. “I’m just not feeling it tonight.” His cock was already becoming soft and he sighed. He stood up and pulled his shorts and t-shirt on.

Melody sat back on her heels and stared at him incredulously. “What, that’s it?” she asked.

“Sorry, honey, I’m just not in the mood tonight.” He picked her robe up from the floor and held it open for her expectantly. Melody continued to stare up at him from the floor for a moment, then shook her head in resignation and stood up. She let him help her put the robe on, then pulled it tight around her and clinched it closed.

“Again with this shit,” she muttered. “Fuck it. Whatever.” Andy pretended he didn’t hear.

Later, after a perfunctory kiss goodnight, they lay facing away from each other, the separation between them greater than the space of the king bed. They both pretended to be asleep and to not know that the other was still awake.

250 Words.

I didn’t use the bonus, but I’m still going to tell the last three songs I listened to (Monday night at the gym; I wrote this Tuesday morning at work.) The songs were “In My Life”, “Wait”, and “If I Needed Someone”, all by The Beatles. Without Googling the answer, which album did these three songs originally appear on in that order?

And I didn’t even try for the extra credit. The Universe is a far more majestic and wondrous place when it doesn’t have a dancing me in it. Now get over to Three Spelling Mistakes to see the rest of this week's entries.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Oh, I know, I know! As she waves her hand from the front of the class. And why do I know? As a teenager, this was one of my favorite albums. But if I say it now, it will totally spoil the fun for all the later guessers. So I will leave it as an anagram: sour rubble. Great story, by the way. I think I may have lived that scene once or twice, on both ends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done! And that also means you were sophisticated enough as a teen to branch out from the American release, which had fewer songs and in a different order. :)

      Delete
    2. That's because I bought the vinyl from a monthly flea market in my area, you never knew what you were going to find! It also helped that I worked in a music store...

      Delete
  2. So sad. Hope it's not too real. But you wrote it so well, I think it may be.

    ReplyDelete