Monday, June 10, 2013

Weekend Update

Rise and shine, people, it's Monday! Time to start acting like adults again!

The trip to Baltimore went well; it was a long drive but uneventful. We made it to the hotel around 1:00 P.M., grabbed a bite for lunch, then relaxed for a few hours before heading into the part of the city where the concert was. Once there, we walked around some before having dinner at a place called Joe Squared, then made our way to the concert venue.

I'd never heard of Frank Turner and the Sleeping Souls until my niece started talking about wanting to see him a few months ago. Turns out, they aren't a bad band. Frank is from Essex (according to one of their songs) and is the songwriter and main singer. From what I've seen, the Sleeping Souls are a good band, but expendable; Frank is the force behind them.


This is one of my favorite songs of his, Plain Sailing Weather, because I can definitely understand the sentiment: "Give me one fine day of plain sailing weather and I can fuck up anything."

It was fun, and the band was good, but the best part of the whole trip for me was just how excited my niece was. We made it back home Friday afternoon and I rested a bit, looking forward to still having a full weekend to recuperate from the driving. I used to love long distance drives, but I guess I'm older now and they aren't as fun.

The wife and I went to a beer fest Saturday, which was okay but I was a little disappointed. All the craft brewers seem to focus on ales, which I don't generally like unless it's an amber or dark ale. And the few stouts and wheat beers there weren't very tasty. I wound up with a decent buzz, but none of the beers really sparked my interest.

Yesterday I mowed, had a cigar, then grilled some chicken for dinner with corn on the cob and potato salad. I finally decided "fuck being self-concious about my weight" and took my shirt off while mowing, and while smoking the cigar I laid out to get some more sun, and wound up nice and red, lol. 


It's not a bad burn, I don't think, and it will turn into a nice tan in a few days. It's a good start, and if it would stop raining all the god-damned time, I might be able to keep it up. I had an uncle who told me once "Tan fat looks better than white fat" and in my case I think he's right.

So that was my weekend; how was yours?

1 comment:

  1. "Tan fat looks better than white fat"

    My neighbors are going to hate your uncle.

    ReplyDelete