Monday, November 4, 2013

Weekend Update

Happy Monday, all. I've really been trying to figure out if I have anything interesting to write about from this weekend, and so far I can't think of much. I know, I know; not having anything interesting to write about hasn't really stopped me before, so I guess I should just press on.
Let's see: Friday we took the niece to dinner at a local joint. She'd had two wisdom teeth taken out Thursday and the place we went has some pretty good soup, which is about all she wanted to eat. I won't get into just how hysterical she was about the blood from the surgery Thursday night, but I will say I don't know how she can bear to have her period. She had calmed down considerably Friday, though, so it wasn't a chore to be around her. Well, no more of a chore than it normally is.
The wife worked Saturday morning for a few hours, and when she got home we went to visit my parents like we usually do. The rest of the day was spent at home watching college football (Virginia Tech lost again) and I cooked "Better than Takeout Fried Rice." I made it with a mix of chicken and shrimp, and it came out really good. We had the leftovers for dinner Sunday night too.
L and B stopped by for a few minutes earlier in the day so she could pick up a couple of the boxes she left at our house one of the times she was moving from one guy to the other (I can't remember which one, honestly.) It was good to see her, but I was in a bit of a snit because I knew they'd been in town most of the day and didn't make an effort to see if we wanted to meet up for lunch or dinner or something. I don't know if she noticed, and it wasn't like I was grouchy or surly or anything, but I just didn't feel all that enthusiastic about her coming by.
The niece came home from work and got some things together an left to spend the weekend with her dad, so we had the house to ourselves. Neither of us were really in the mood to take advantage of the time alone, so we had some drinks, watched more football, then went on to bed around 10. It was really 11, of course, but we'd already set all the clocks back for the time change.
Sunday morning, after breakfast, the wife and I did finally take advantage of being alone. It was... okay, I guess. After 22 years I suppose I shouldn't expect it to be mind blowing; I do wish the wife was a little more "there" though. Anyway, we headed out to run some errands, then headed home and spent the day watching football (the Cowboys won, but barely, and against a bad team, so it didn't get me all excited.) We had a few drinks after dinner, then went on to bed before 10.
So that was my weekend, for what it's worth. How was yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment