Friday, November 22, 2013

Flash Fiction Friday - Distraction - 11/22

Key Words:  (searching or seeking) and asphalt
Word Limit:  210
Forbidden words:  flippers
Extra Credit:  What kind of trees are in the background?
Bonus Words: Donate to the Red Cross fund for the Philippines hurricane relief
or to their general fund  1 word per dollar.
Andy pulled his police car behind the van, noting the out-of-state plate. The woman was sitting beside it, looking through binoculars. Andy glanced where she was looking but didn’t see anything of interest.

“Howdy, ma’am. Watcha searching for?” he asked.

“Good morning, sheriff,” she answered without lowering the binoculars. “I don’t know yet, but I will when I see it.” She lazily scratched her side, causing her bare breasts to jiggle. Despite his best efforts to remain professional, Andy felt his cock stirring.

“I see,” he answered. “Is there a reason you are sitting there naked?”

She grinned. “It beats standing. Besides, I’m not naked,” she said. “I’ve got my swim fins on.”

Andy started feeling uneasy; something was off about this woman. He walked closer and said “Ma’am, you’re going to have to come with m…” He never heard the ringing sound the shovel made as it smashed into his head.

She jumped up in shock, staring at the gangly man standing over the sheriff. “What the…? Are you trying to kill him?”

“I hope I did! I’m tired of living in his shadow!” the man exclaimed. “He’s still breathing, though.”

“Okay, good. Put him in the van and we’ll go rob that bank you told me about, Barney.”

210 Words. I probably will donate to the relief effort, but I don't know when I'll be able to or how much.

Get over to Advizor's site to read the other fine entries for this week's Flash Fiction Friday.

9 comments:

  1. Wow, I didn't see that one coming! Poor Opie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a very unusual mind. That is a compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What on earth would Aunt Bea say!!!

    Great take!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad y'all got the Mayberry reference. I was worried I was being too subtle! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done. The Mayberry reference was awesome, gave it a fun twist.

    Is it just me or are most of the FFF's pretty violent this week?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Kat. It's not just you; we Americans are gearing up for our annual day of animosity and hyper competitivness, otherwise known as Thanksgiving dinner with our families.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't imagine Ellie May sitting naked by the side of the road... Wait, on 2nd thought, I imagined that all the time....

    I love making references that tell me hold old my readers are. If you made a "One Direction" reference I'd probably ask if they were InSync. :-) Thanks for joining in today, Fun story!!

    ReplyDelete