Friday, August 8, 2014

FFF Take Two - Interested

This is a different take on this week's Flash Fiction Friday story, and much longer to boot. I don't know if I captured it as well as I would have liked, but I hope you enjoy it.

I wasn't able to attach the picture because I'm posting this from my phone.

“Hey, Jeff,” I called over to the barkeep. He looked up from the crossword puzzle he was working on and, noticing my empty bottle, stood up and grabbed another one from the fridge. He opened it and sat it in front of me.

“Would you some lunch, sir?” he asked. I travel to the city a lot, and have stayed at the hotel and eaten here more times than I can count (okay, 15 times in the past 2 years) but Jeff still called me “sir.” I might have taken offense if it weren’t for the fact that he called everyone “ma’am” or “sir.”

“Not for now,” I answered. “But set the lady up with another of whatever she’s drinking.” I didn’t have to specify which lady; there was only the three of us in the hotel’s restaurant at this time of day.

Jeff looked to the other side of the bar and frowned slightly. “You know she’s- “

“Yes, I know,” I smiled. Jeff grinned and shrugged, then set about making her drink. It looked like a Cosmopolitan.

Yes, I knew “she” was really a “he” the moment I saw her when I came down for a drink. Not that she didn’t look the part; long hair, slender frame, nice bust without making a mockery of it which so many cross-dressers do. She wasn’t just some guy with a fetish for wearing women’s clothes, or a flaming drag queen; she identified as a woman. She’d obviously had some practice and probably would have fooled a lot of guys, especially if they were looking through the bottom of a couple shot glasses, but there were subtle clues.

I watched Jeff deliver the drink and point me out to her. She asked him something I couldn’t hear (but could guess) and he glanced at me before looking back at her and nodding. She looked over at me then quickly looked down at her hands when I smiled at her. After a moment she took a deep breath, squared her shoulders and looked back up, returning my smile. “Would you like to join me?” she asked.

I smiled again and picked up my drink to move to her side of the bar. “I’m Rob,” I said, taking her offered hand in mine.

“Hi, Rob. I’m Carolyn, and thank you for the drink.” She didn’t have the “dark, brown voice” of The Kink’s Lola; hers was a little husky, but sounded feminine and naturally high-pitched, not forced.

“You’re welcome, Carolyn,” I replied with a raised eyebrow.

She blushed and her hand went instinctively to her neck. Her Adam’s apple wasn’t very prominent, but it was one of the subtle clues I’d caught. “I was originally ‘Tim’,” she said reluctantlyl

“Do you mind talking about it?” I asked. She stiffened and I could see the wariness in her eyes when she looked up at me. “Hey, Carolyn, look I’m not judging at all. I’m genuinely interested in getting to know you, and yes, I’m nosy,” I said, grinning. I’ve been told my grin can melt panties.

She stared at me for a moment, searching my face for any sign of cruelty or mischief. Seeing none, she relaxed and nodded. “Okay,” she said.

“Thank you,” I said, sincerely. “And if I ask anything too personal, just say the word and I’ll drop it, okay? I take it this,” I waved my hand to take her all in “is more or less full time?”

She nodded. “I’ve been living full-time as a girl since I moved out here seven or eight months ago. I dressed up some before, but only on the weekends and only when I was going somewhere an hour or so away from my home town.”

“Does your family know?”

“I apparently don’t have any family,” she replied sadly. “In other words, yes, they know and have decided they don’t want anything to do with me.”

“I’m sorry to hear that.”

“It’s okay. I think my mother will come around eventually, but my father will never understand. He doesn’t believe in all of that ‘woman stuck in a man’s body crap’,” her voice deepened as she mimicked him. “In his eyes, I’m just a faggot.” The unresolved pain was quite evident.

“Are you pre-op?” I asked.

“Yes,” she grinned. “Honestly I don’t know if I’ll have the… ahem… balls to have the surgery.” I chuckled politely at her joke. “Seriously,” she continued, “I probably will someday; hopefully soon, if I get the nerve up and can afford it. I’ve been going through hormone replacement therapy and it’s going well. These,” she cupped her breasts “are actually real!”

“They suit you,” I said, laughing. She laughed with me and, for the first time, seemed completely at ease.

We continued to talk, and when the lunch crowd arrived I suggested we leave and walk around the city. We ate a late lunch at a deli Carolyn knew about but had never eaten in; it was pretty good. Afterwards, we started heading back to the hotel.

“Do you mind if I ask you some questions, Rob?”

“Not at all,” I answered. “I’m an open book!”

“Is your interest just a way to pass the time until some other women show up?” she asked. “Or are you really interested?” Her emphasis made clear that there were at least two questions being asked.

I considered my answer as we entered  an alley, and about halfway through I took her arm and turned her towards me. “I’m really interested,” I growled, and kissed her hard. Carolyn returned the kiss and then some, pressing me back against the wall. She groped my straining erection, then kneeled down and unzipped me.

“I know we’ve just met,” she said, fishing my cock out of my drawers, “but I really like you.” She kissed and licked me, causing my knees to wobble. She stopped long enough to look up and say “I don’t expect anything in return…”

“Let’s just see what happens,” I replied, smiling down at her. “I have all day to get comfortable with this.”

She smiled and took me back into her mouth.

1 comment: