Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Weekend Update

Happy –Monday-- Tuesday, everyone! Another weekend has passed, much quicker than it ought to have, and here we are kicking off another week. I apologize for the lateness of this post, but mid-way through it yesterday I got busy at work and couldn’t finish it up.

There was nothing really big about my weekend; the weather was nice and the wife and I were able to get out and ride the bike both Saturday and Sunday. L and B were in town, but typically they didn’t make an effort to hang out with us or anything.

I didn’t do any spectacular cooking this weekend; we ate out for lunch Saturday and neither of us wanted any dinner Saturday night, so we just snacked and watched college football. Virginia Tech lost again, and it’s long past time anybody considers Frank Beamer and his assistants to be an elite coaching staff. I’m not even sure they should be considered adequate. The other games on were at least entertaining.

 We were supposed to take my mother and step-father out for lunch Sunday for their birthdays (his is on the 11th, hers is today) but she called Sunday morning and begged off because he hasn’t been feeling well. So the wife and I rode the bike into the city where I work and did some walking around and shopping before eating a nice lunch at Olive Garden. It was enough to hold us through to a late dinner, and I fried some tilapia and we made fish tacos.

The Cowboys won an ugly game against the Rams Sunday that they by all rights should have lost. The ‘Boys were down 21-0 early before scraping up enough offense to score 10 before the half. Then in the second half they got some key stops, made some plays, and held on to win 34-31. They got some lucky breaks, and at least one questionable call went their way, but these are the kinds of games that in the past few years they would have lost.

Sunday was also one of the rare times when I was rooting for the Washington football team because they were playing against the Eagles who are thus far undefeated. Of course that means Washington lost; had it been the other way, and I wanted the Eagles to win, Washington would have probably come out on top. Such is life.

That was pretty much the extent of my weekend, and honestly I don’t know that it will be significantly different from one week to the next going forward. I’ve pretty much given up on trying to get together with friends or anything, so we just stay home and do our thing. What I’m saying is, I probably won’t be posting regular updates anymore. It’s tedious to write the same thing week after week, and I imagine it’s tedious to read it as well.

If anything out of the norm happens and is interesting enough I’ll post about it, but otherwise I probably won’t bother. I’ll try to post FFF entries when I can, and may have the occasional story to relate, when I can work up the enthusiasm to write at all. I’m not going away, exactly, but I will most likely be far less active.

No comments:

Post a Comment