Friday, September 5, 2014

FFF - Strange Bedfellows - 9/5/14

Key Words – Aftermath, Regrets
Word Limit – 250
Forbidden Words – BFF, Girlfriend
Bonus Words – Earn 25 for making them co-workers, 25 more if one reports to the other
Extra Credit – Tell us about your work-place indiscretions.


Ruth blinked in the strong light as she awoke, and rose up to see Amber dressing. “Where are you going, Baby?” she asked.

Amber continued buttoning her shirt and replied “I’ve got to get to the office.”

“It’s still early,” Ruth whined. “I wan-“

“What did I tell you about that?” Amber snapped, interrupting her. Ruth flinched at her anger.

“I’m sorry, mistress,” she muttered, eyes downcast.

“What was that?”

“I’m sorry, mistress,” Ruth said again, louder.

“That’s better.” Amber’s tone softened. “You, of all people, know what kind of day I have before me. I’ll be doing all the work, while that bitch of a boss of mine will take all the credit, as usual.” She glanced at Ruth, giving her a meaningful look. “As much as I’d like to spend the day in bed with you, I just can’t.”

Ruth pouted, but not too severely; she still had regrets from the last time she’d made Amber really angry, and had felt the aftermath for some time. She hadn’t been able to sit for a week!

“No,” Amber answered. “I have errands to run, and you know how it will look if we arrive together.”

“Yes, of course,” Ruth agreed. She rose and also started getting ready for work.

Amber arrived late, and hurried from the elevator to her office. She picked up the file she’d been working on all week and hurried to the conference room. She paused outside the door and caught her breath, then opened it quietly and entered. She made her way to her seat under scrutiny from the other meeting participants, especially her boss.

“Amber, you’re late,” her boss said icily.

“I’m sorry, ma’am,” she muttered, eyes downcast.

“What was that?”

Amber looked up into her eyes. “I’m sorry, Ruth,” she said again, louder.

300 words on the head; not exactly an original concept, but hopefully a little entertaining. The formatting this week is bad because I’m writing and posting this while at work on Wednesday before going on vacation, and I won’t have the time to get the picture embedded with the story. Well, I would if Blogspot worked better with my phone, but it doesn’t.

My work-place indiscretion: Amanda was a dispatcher/CSR at the cable company I worked at when I first got out of the Army. She was a few years older than me (easily in her 40s late while I was 28 or 29) but damned good looking. We’d talk a little each morning before I went out on my rounds, but I didn’t think anything of it. Why would she be interested in me, right?

But she was interested, and when the wife was on a long overdue trip to Germany we started a brief affair that lasted until the wife got back. Just about every day I’d meet her at her house for lunch and we’d fuck our brains out. We were mostly cool about it back in the office, but every now and then she’d make a comment that sounded innocent enough but really wasn’t, and I’d blush and get all flustered. Good times.

3 comments:

  1. that would be such a complicated relationship for me, I don't think I could handle it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that dynamic - total switch.

    But I like to keep my work and family life separate. This would be way too complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of my really "interesting" relationships happened at work. Maybe not wise, but a hell of a lot of fun.

    Thanks for the story.

    ReplyDelete