Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Something, something, maybe something

I know,some of my titles suck

As I mentioned previously, telling L about my curious side has been a big relief! Being able to talk to, and joke with her about it still blows my mind. And it’s gotten me back in the mood to hook up with someone!
Of course, L being L, nothing is ever easy.
A few weeks ago I reactivated my Grindr account and started looking or some likely prospects. Within a few hours I’d been contacted by a few guys, and been sent dick pictures. I had some mild interest in a few of the guys, but nothing really grabbed my attention primarily because they were either too far away or had as much logistics difficulties as I usually have.
Lockdown has been a bitch for trying to get anything going! Without the relief of having the wife go to baseball games, it’s hard to find any time to play.
I started talking to a guy who lives in the city where I work, and who works from home. He and I seemed to have a good connection, and I especially like that he didn’t immediately ask for dick pics. We did exchange face pics, and though I’m not attracted to guys in that way, he looked normal enough. When we finally did exchange dick pics, his looked… I don’t know, fine I guess. Nothing remarkable, not tiny but not big. Adequate is probably the right word. Definitely suckable.
We talked about how we could get together, and I suggested we could meet for lunch one day. He reminded me that there aren’t many places to meet for lunch, and perhaps I could come to his place and we could “chill.” Yea, we all know what that means, right?
I explained how I tend to freeze, and that he’d have to make the first move because I wouldn’t be capable of it. And suddenly, I didn’t hear anything more from him. By the next morning I was resigned to having scared him off somehow. I sent a text the later that morning “laughingly” apologizing for my “drunken ramblings” from the night before. A little later he responded with an LOL and said that it was no problem, he’d just been busy working late into the night.
Oh, well, that’s okay then!
So we continued to talk through that day and the next day, not a lot of texts but just getting to know each other a little better. That Thursday I sent him a text asking when he’d like together to “chill.” I was thinking the following week sometime would be good.
And again, he never answered.
I sent a text late in the day on Friday asking how his day had been; nothing. Nothing Saturday either, though I could see that he’d been on Grindr several times and would have seen my texts. It was a bit disappointing to get so close and have it seemingly fall through, but I’ve been there before. No big deal, really.
Saturday, or maybe Sunday, another user on Grindr contacted me. I almost didn’t respond, because it just felt like so much work to go through, only to have it fall through again. But finally I did respond, and boy! Am I glad I did!

2 comments: